Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting the year with a cosmic wimp-out

Happy New Year!

Yesterday I said I'd post my one-time only thing on religion and science today. But I've just gotten off the water, and have to be back on the water at 5:30 in the morning again. So, I'm going to postpone that post for another day or so in favor of being awake and alert to drive a boat tomorrow, and also in order to devote the time to properly discuss a topic as broad as the nature of God and the universe. 
 
Also, because a lot of people seemed to enjoy the recent series of posts on the habitability of other places in our solar system, I think I'm going to start a new series, maybe even tomorrow, about the current state of science regarding the search for both extraterrestrial life and extraterrestrial intelligence. Stay tuned; our good friends over at the SETI institute will be staying tuned as well.

Meanwhile, Seattle did one hell of a job with the fireworks display at the Space Needle last night!


Oidhche mhath, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment