Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tagging

At the request of several of my readers I'm beginning the process of tagging different categories of posts here. It was originally my intention to NOT do this, because part of the point of the blog was to expose people from different fields to other interrelated fields. But it is helpful to be able to find other related posts. One reader related the difficulty she had finding my space exploration posts while "wading through page after page of Seattle weather reports". Which is a fair critique.

So, I'm working on it. Some categories are easy, like "Navigation" and "Weather". The ongoing series on human outmigration to other worlds is "Outmigration", and I've given "Project Orion" its own tag because I'm shamelessly wanting to attract more Project Orion folk to this blog. More categories are to come.

One category I've created is called "Best of Blog". I'm tagging this post with that label just so you can easily find which posts are tagged there from here, because I have not yet figured out how to make a hotlink to the tags. I'd really appreciate feedback on my selection of posts in that category, and hope to modify the list based on that feedback.

5 comments:

  1. NO TAGGING; let them wade through YOUR Blog, perhaps they will learn some new things. Peoples attention spans are short enough as it is these days. Frankly I write for my own enjoyment and if someone else likes thats fine but I do not write for them!!!!!! Seriously,

    Good Watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Peter in principle (no pun intended). I've learned a lot from your blogs about many things I was not previously even interested in. Depending on how the wind blows, I'm even thinking about flying out there next year for one of your celestial navigation classes.

    BUT, because I like to go back and read some of your older posts occasionally, it's good to have some means of categorizing them. You are, shall we say, prolific! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that's the first run-through.

    I agree with Peter too, but I also think it will be helpful for me also. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am getting embarrassed, both of you agree with me. It is true what our Space Captain says I too am learning a lot even if my senior mind does not always grasp it first time around.

    Good Watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries, Peter. I'm sure we'll find things to disagree about in the future!

    I do think the tags will prove helpful, for me at least. I also consolidated all of the posts on chronometer testing, on my wife's recommendation. A little organization goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete